Aleister Crowley

This serpent, Satan, is not the enemy of Man, be He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade “Know Thyself!: and taught Initiation. He is “the Devil” of the book of Troth, and His emblem is Baphomet, and Androgyne who is the hieroglyph of arcane perfection.” - Aleister Crowley Magick: In Theory and Practice p. 193



"Aleister Crowley was not a man, or even a number of men; he is obviously a solar myth. Nor could he himself deny such an impeachment too brutally; for already. before he has attained the prime of life. his name is associated with fables not less fantastic than those which have thrown doubt upon the historicin of the Buddha." -The Confessions of Aleister Crowley : An Autohagiography, by Aleister Crowley pg. 31

"My satanism did not interfere with it at all; I was trying to take the view that the Christianity of hypocrisy and cruelty was not true Christianity. I did not hate God or Christ, but merely the God and Christ of the people whom I hated. It was only when the development of my logical faculties supplied the demonstration that I was compelled to set myself in opposition to the Bible itself. It does not matter that the literature is sometimes magnificent and that in isolated passages the philosophy and ethics are admirable. The sum of the matter is that Judaism is a savage. and Christianity a fiendish, superstition." - The Confessions of Aleister Crowley : An Autohagiography, by Aleister Crowley pg. 72

"I had been almost overwhelmed by the appalling responsibility of ensuring my own damnation and helping others to escape from Jesus." - The Confessions of Aleister Crowley : An Autohagiography, by Aleister Crowley pg. 74

"...since I must take sides with one party or the other it was not difficult to make up my mind. The forces of good were those which had constantly oppressed me. I saw them daily destroying the happiness of my fellow-men. Since, therefore, it was my business to explore the spiritual world, my first step must be to get into personal communication with the devil." - The Confessions of Aleister Crowley : An Autohagiography, by Aleister Crowley pg.  125



Aleister Crowley's Influence In Entertainment

The album cover of Sgt. Pepper’s showed the Beatles with Aleister Crowley in the background.


The Winged Beetle by Aleister Crowley a collection of occultic poems. Paul McCartney when the Beatles split formed a new band called Wings, thus  in effect being the Winged Beatle.



The Trinity Broadcasting Network is an international Christian-based broadcast television network as well as the world's largest religious television network. - Wikipedia


The Trinity Broadcasting Network's crest on the above has within it the crest which was created by Aleister Crowley  as seen below. It was displayed on the title page of his "The Book of Law", and signed the name "Baphomet" next to it. It is now know as the crest of the international fraternal and religious organization the Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.).





Comments

Popular Posts