I.N.R.I.

.I . N . R . I . CONSTITUTION of the ANCIENT Order of Oriental Templars



19And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin- John 19:19-20 King James Version

I.N.R.I., the letters at the top of Jesus’s cross spelling out Iesvs Nazarenvs Rex Ivdaeorvm (Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews). In the Philosophical Lodge, they represent fire, salt, sulfur and mercury. In the system of the Rosicrucians and alchemy, the interpretation is IGNE NATURA RENOVATUR INTERGRA, which literally means, "By fire, nature is perfectly renewed."

I.N.R.I. is itself associated with the posture of the cross, ‘The Sign of Osiris Slain.'

"There shall be a Literary and Masonic Association connected with the O.T.O., to be known as THE ESOTERIC ROSICRUCIANS. All its official publications shall be issued with the hermetic cypher: ".I . N . R . I ."" - .I . N . R . I . CONSTITUTION of the ANCIENT Order of Oriental Templars article xv section i

Comments

Popular Posts